By Chef Ellen Vitorino
Since this makes a large casserole, you might want to half the ingredients if you have a small family. As is, it would feed eight.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/4 cup pimentos
5 carrots, shredded very thin
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 pound of tofu, mashed
1 cup quick oats
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup water
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add green pepper and pimentos and sauté well.
- Add carrots and season with salt and caraway seeds.
- Remove from heat and add parsley,
- Put the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the tofu, oats, and bread crumbs.
- Add some water if needed and mix all ingredients together.
- Put into a greased loaf plan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
Serving suggestion: Serve with gravy and a green salad.
Copyrighted by Wildwood’s The Journal of Health and Healing. All rights reserved.