By Ernestine Finley
1 package multi-grain (or spinach) lasagna noodles
2 quarts tomato sauce
4 cups tofu ricotta cheese (see recipe below)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9″ by 13″ baking dish.
- Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce, and cover with tomato sauce.
- Crumble a layer of tofu ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Repeat layering process until baking dish is full, ending with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
Tofu “Ricotta Cheese”
Mix together the following ingredients:
2 pounds of firm tofu, mashed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon parsley (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
Submitted from Wildwood’s The Journal of Health and Healing
Want more delicious but healthy vegetarian recipes? We heartily recommend Mrs. Finley’s cook book, Natural Lifestyle Cooking.