By Ernestine Finely
1 package multi-grain (or spinach) lasagna noodles
2 quarts tomatoes sauce
4 cups tofu ricotta cheese (see recipe below)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking disk.
- Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce, and cover with tomato sauce.
- Crumble a layer of tofu ricotta cheese over the sauce.
- Repeat layering process until baking disk is full, ending with tomatoes sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
Tofu “Ricotta Cheese”
Mix together the following ingredients:
2 pounds of firm mashed tofu
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon parsley (chopped fine)
1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
Submitted from Wildwood’s The Journal of Health and Healing
Want more delicious but healthy vegetarian recipes? We heartily recommend Mrs. Finely cooked book, Natural Lifestyle Cooking.