God needs you! Are you interested in working at Wildwood Health Institute, and help share the gospel with the whole world? Check below to see what positions* are vacant, and apply if you feel God calling you.
*Please be aware that not all positions are applicable for a visa if you are a not a US-citizen or permanent resident.
Wildwood Lifestyle Center is looking for a Head Chef to serve at the Diet Kitchen.
The housekeeping workers need to be trained and led according to our mission, vision and values. Additionally, it is the challenge of the housekeeping supervisor to provide an optimum environment for the housekeeping staff. An environment which will enable them to perform their work in the best possible manner, and to continually develop their work skills, as well as personal competencies.
Wildwood Lifestyle Center is looking for a Kitchen Manager to serve at the Diet Kitchen.
- Perform routine maintenance: fixing structural damage, e.g. window, door or wall repair
- Repair broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Work on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintain HVAC equipment to keep climate control functioning properly
- Carpentry work on doors, windows, and trim
- Apply preventative measures to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a roof
- Fix potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Paint buildings when old paint has become faded
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience
- Ability to read and write English
- 3 years of technical experience in carpentry, plumbing, and electrical is preferred
- Driver’s license
- Good physical condition
- Work is medium to heavy in nature; ability to safely lift 50 lbs. – 75 lbs. occasionally
- Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity
- Worker is subjected to cold/wet winters and extreme hot/humid summers
- Hazardous conditions exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places
- Maintain good interaction with supervisor and co-workers
- Initiative taking; ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility; job requires to be ‘on call’ as emergencies may arise
Mental Health Provider
Wildwood is seeking a mission minded Clinical Social Worker with a minimum of two years of post-master experience in behavioral health. The Social Worker should be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team setting using a holist treatment approach. The Social worker would work with people affected by emotional, mental, behavioral and medical issues. The Social Worker will assist each client cope with the challenges in their lives and live a productive healthier lifestyle based on their desired goal.
Online School Coordinator
Wildwood Center for Health Evangelism is looking for an Online School Coordinator to manage the online course programs.
Physician or Mid-Level Practitioner
See outpatients and lifestyle guests in the Wildwood Clinic, and treat them with lifestyle medicine, natural remedies, herbs, and if necessary conventional medicine. Work in a Christian mission field where taking time for your patients, and providing spiritual care are encouraged. You will be overseeing nurse practitioners. Medical professionals (including other physicians) regularly attend the Lifestyle Medicine Observer Program. Teaching classes for this program and having the medical observers shadow you is a possibility.
Produce and Stock Supervisor
Wildwood Health Institute is looking at hiring a Produce and Stock Officer for our Natural Food Market.
- Valid US driver’s license
- Able to drive a small commercial truck
- Able to lift 50lbs bags
- Proficient in English
- US Citizen, Permanent Resident or valid work permit
- Basic knowledge of business to be able to decide produce’s price of sale
- Basic knowledge of computer to able to use our system to input costs, price, generate invoices, etc.
- Basic knowledge of produce to be able to buy it
- Organizations skills to be able to take care of the stock room, organize the produce in the front of the store, prepare the store’s shopping list of produce
- Purchase Produce and goods (as requested by the Procurement manager) for the Store, Diet Kitchen and Student Café or other departments.
- Dispatch the orders to the Kitchens (Diet Kitchen and Student Cafe)
- Restock the store’s produce shelves
- Input kitchen orders on the system
- Receive New Deliveries in Loading bay
- Restock the refrigerators, freezers, coolers and store shelves
- Purchase goods at Stores in Chattanooga as requested by Procurement Manager
- Help at the register as needed
- Help the Procurement Officer resolve stock related issues
- See that freezers, coolers and stock rooms are neat and organized
- Ensure that the garbage in the store is emptied every day
- Assist in performing duties as requested by the Store Manager
- Member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in good standing with the church
Workers generally make a two-year commitment to the institution, working 40 hours per week. They are provided housing, utilities, financial assistance with car insurance, a discount at the Natural Food Market, lifestyle center, and clinic, an opportunity to invest into and get assistance from Wildwood’s health fund, a monthly food allowance, and a stipend.
Volunteers work a minimum of 30 hours per week for a period of one-six months, and receive housing and meals at the student cafeteria, but no monetary compensation.
Interns are graduates of the Center for Health Evangelism, LIGHT, or another affiliate school, looking for experience in one of our departments. Interns volunteer for up to 40 hours a week for up to six months. They receive housing, meals at the student cafeteria, and a monthly stipend.
Medical observers are medical professionals who have been accepted into the Lifestyle Medicine Observer Program, a month-long training in lifestyle medicine and natural remedies. Medical observers are not workers and therefore do not get any stipend or benefits, besides housing and meals at the student cafeteria.
Southern Adventist University Intern/Volunteer
Southern Adventist University students who need internship/community service credit are welcome to join us in various positions, including in construction, farming, counseling, grounds, maintenance, or medical missionary work.